The ever adroit Kinky DeSoto took it upon herself to nominate our little corner of the internet for yet another blogging award. In her own post she explains her reasoning by saying that “Mr. and Mrs. AP are the real deal. They love and lust in all the right ways.” Her reasoning deeply and truly humbles me. I try very hard to hold nothing back in this blog, and I know in doing so I don’t always cast myself in the best light. I err, sometimes badly. I make mistakes, and do my best to learn from them. I try always to let my love, appreciation, respect, and deeply ingrained need for Mrs. AP to show through every time I mention her. I don’t present some idealized version of the woman I love. The picture I paint of her — of US — here is as true as I see it. If my vision or judgment is clouded she would call me on it (and she has, but seldom) and let me know what I am doing wrong. That’s one of the many great things about her; she correct me when I’m wrong but loves me enough to allow me to make my own mistakes as I grow. She is, hands down, the best partner and sexiest lover I have ever had.
Wait, where was I? Oh yes, award time. Yes, Kinky DeSoto has declared this space to be home to a Versatile Blogger!
The Versatile Blogger Award!
The rules of receiving this award are:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Give the award to other bloggers. (There was a specific number listed in the original set of rules, but fuck it, I say give it to as many or few as you like.)
1) The award is shown right there! You just passed it! Scroll back up! No, wait, I just created a new SINful Awards page. I suppose I could throw it up in there as well for good measure, yeah?
2) Kinky, thank you very much. It is a wonderful honor to receive something like this. The (I’m sure unintended) double entendre is that for quite some time, and still somewhat now, versatile is used in the gay community to indicate that a guy will serve as both Top or Bottom as befits the encounter. As a Bi/Queer Switch, the term is applicable.
3) Oh goodness, more random things about me. Very well, let’s hope I can get something amusing.
A) I was in Boy Scouts from 1st grade (Tiger Cubs) through the first half of 10th Grade, where I left at the rank of Star. I was two ranks — and thanks to a move from Florida to Alabama, 650 miles — from Eagle Scout.
B) I write, draw, and throw right-handed, but in nearly every other way I am ambidextrous. YEs, in those ways too. Yes, and like that.
C) Despite my love of the look of Apple products — they really do make some gorgeous hardware — the combination of the company’s business practices, restrictive software environments, and overpriced systems ensures I will never buy anything with an Apple logo on it again.
D) When I was in 6th Grade I won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in every school or county academic competition held while also winning the state soccer championship. It was the last year I felt like the smartest kid in the school.
E) From as young as I remember until the day I moved in with Mrs. AP I always fell asleep with either music playing or the TV on. If Mrs. AP isn’t going to be in bed with me when I’m going to sleep, I still toss and turn for hours unless I put music on.
F) My favorite radio program is Echoes, hosted by John Diliberto. It was the program to which I fell asleep through my last 3 years of High School, and influenced many of my music choices when I began buying music. Sadly the program is not broadcast in the Tampa / St. Pete market and I’ve never been able to justify the cost of the online subscription costs.
G) Neither my phone, my (old) iPod, nor Mrs. AP’s Zune HD is larger enough to hold our music collection. We’re currently sitting at 90 Gigs, and there’s close to zero overlap in there. We still have several albums missing an artist collections to track down. The collection is so unique and features so many hard to find artists we have it backed up to 2 separate external hard drives as well as uploaded to both our Google Music accounts. Just in case.
H) (Bonus Fact!) Nothing will make me cry like a powerful, moving song. Some I can’t sing along with because I get too choked up. Music moves me deeply and strongly.
4) Handled that one at the top. Everybody still clear on the rules?
5) I’m not naming names. I can’t. You see that blogroll over there on the right? Every single person on that list deserves this award, and I’m not singling out anybody over another. That list is my community here, and I’m supporting it every time I visit them, or comment, or respond to them here or on Twitter. Some I even consider friends. Support them if you don’t already. I don’t care how you do it, but show them some love. They have all earned it.
Stay SINful, friends.