SINful friends, thank you for weathering the relative absence felt here over the past few weeks. I know my posts have largely been limited to my 30 Days of Truth updates — a noble endeavor in it’s own right — which aren’t incredibly titillating. My absence is largely attributable to that one common malady of the modern human condition; stress!
(Pun intended) I can’t stress this enough; I don’t always handle stress well. While I can usually maintain a calm demeanor and keep a cool head about me, the trade-off of me not going into screaming rages and becoming hostile to those around me is that my interest level in non-critical aspects of my life takes a severe beating. While I love this space and love my regular readers, when I can either dedicate my time to Mrs. AbsinthePassion and our family or make an posting here, this web space will lose out.
I don’t want to leave all of your in the lurch, though; our relationship is still developing, but I’m still dedicated to being open and honest here and using this space to connect with people. Whether I don’t reach anybody at all or I eventually help somebody better cope with his situation, I want this little corner of the digital realm to be one where truth, openness, and acceptance prevail.
As such, here’s a little bit of what we’ve been dealing with lately that has kicked my stress level into insanity levels:
* Mrs. AP’s soon-to-be-ex-husband has been a roommate during their separation because neither side has been able to afford fully detangling finances. He’s been unemployed, but his Unemployment Compensation was enough to help pay bills and keep the house (barely) afloat. He dedicated himself nearly full-time about 3 – 4 weeks ago to a new paramour, and had practically moved in with her. As a result, the financial support we were promised through the end of the lease vanished with him.
* Said lease is set to expire in July, but due to some interesting developments with the landlord combined with the loss of household income we now have until 7 June to be out of the house.
* Our other roommate will be leaving us when we move out; his mother has started showing signs of either mini-strokes or onset Alzheimer’s or both and needs somebody to help care for her. Said roommate will be moving in with her.
* The upcoming New York job is still in a state of flux, and has added to it now the option that I may stay in Florida for a reduced compensation package. While I don’t mind staying in Florida, as it saves over the costs of moving the family to New York City and has beautiful weather most of the time, the added uncertainty factor makes long-term planning nearly impossible.
* As a show of good faith, my soon-to-be new employer is opting to bring me in as a consultant to rework some of their documentation and procedures before they hire me full time. This will start once a security check is complete. That check is still processing; there is no ETA for completion at this time.
All of these have combined into a wonderful stress bomb for me. The current plan is for Mrs. AP to try to find something short term just for the summer while the kids are shipped off to various friends and family for extended vacations. If we’re lucky, we can find a place that will have a long-term option in case I get told I’m hired but don’t have to move. As such, we’re trying to limit the search area to good school districts for the kids. As varied and large as the Tampa / St. Petersburg / Clearwater area is, this is no small feat.
On top of all of that, we’ve not heard much from R since our night over at his place. He got really quiet really quickly after that, and when questioned about it his response from that he decided to get back into the dating scene. Mrs. AP and I are feeling a little used by the whole thing, especially since she and he have been friends for so long. It just feels cheap and dirty and not at all like the behavior we expected from him. We know that’s the kind of “risk” one takes mixing sex with friends, but we’re all adults here, right? We can still look each other in the eye after good orgasms with each other and appreciate the other person.
One other not so nice side effect of all this stress, coupled with the need to pack the house and sort out all the items we can safely discard in one way or another, is that Mrs. AP and I are both nearly constantly exhausted. We’re doing much more cuddling and passing out on each other lately, instead of our preferred method of having awesome sex and passing out on each other.
I can’t wait to get through this all and get back to our 5 – 10 times of hot, exhaustive, mind-blowing sex with Mrs. AP. Maybe we’ll get lucky and be able to include another guy or two as well.
Stay SINful, friends.